BITS 2013 Call for Abstracts
10th Annual Meeting
of the Bioinformatics Italian Society
The 2013 edition of the annual meeting of BITS – Bioinformatics Italian Society will be held in Udine on May 21-23, 2013.
Invited Speakers (confirmed):
Alvis Brazma – Functional Genomics Group Leader, European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Mario Caccamo - Deputy Director / Head of Bioinformatics - The Genome Analysis Centre, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, UK
Mauno Vihinen - Professor of Medical Structural Biology - Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Call For Abstracts
Submissions are invited for poster and oral contributions to the annual meeting of the Bioinformatics Italian Society (BITS). Submission form is available at the meeting web site.
Topics covered during the conference include (but are not limited to):
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Molecular Evolution
- Comparative Genomics
- Protein structure and function
- Systems Biology
- Biological Databases
- Algorithms for Bioinformatics
Genomics of Disease
In addition to the traditional panels, this year the Call includes the following Special Sessions proposed by members of the Society:
- Algorithmic and statistical analysis of high throughput sequencing data
- Bioinformatics of protein-protein interactions
- Multicellular and Multi-scale Models of Biological Systems
A detailed description of the Special Sessions is available at the end of this Call.
Contributions will be accepted for both traditional and special sessions and should address novel bioinformatics methods, algorithms, databases, tools and applications for research and development.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and accepted for oral communication and poster presentation or rejected in case they do not match the scientific standards of the conference. Two or three anonymous referees will evaluate each abstract. We encourage the authors to use the maximum space available in the submission form in order to describe at the best their work and results.
Accepted abstracts will be collected in the conference proceedings.
Negotiations are ongoing for the publication of a Supplement of BMC Bioinformatics (or other international journals) with full articles dedicated to the subjects presented at the conference as poster or oral communications.
Abstract submission requires early registration to the conference of the presenting author after the acceptance notification.
BITS Steering Committee has approved the Call for Application to the Travel Grants program. Similarly to the previous years, grants will be assigned to young BITS members, first or last author of an abstract submitted as oral presentation or poster. The score will be based on the evaluation of the abstracts. Deadline for application to the travel grants program is April 8, 2013.
Full details can be found at the BITS web site: http://www.bioinformatics.it
Awards for the best contributions
Thanks to our sponsors, BITS2013 meeting will assign awards for the best scientific works at the meeting. Evaluation rules will be explained during the opening session.
- February 15, 2013: Opening of the Call for Abstracts
- March 30, 2013: Deadline for Abstract submission for oral communications and posters
- April 8, 2013: Deadline for application to Travel Grants application (details at BITS web site, www.bioinformatics.it)
- April 20, 2013: Abstract acceptance notification (Oral communications and posters)
- April 20, 2013: Travel Grants winners
- April 24, 2013: Deadline for early registration to the conference (required for authors of accepted abstracts)
- May 21–23, 2013: BITS2013 meeting
- June 30, 2013: Deadline for manuscript submission for the BITS supplement of BMC Bioinformatics (or other international journals).
See this page: Special Sessions